Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Conditional Formatting #N/A

Hi,

If you are using 2007 a better formula would be

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,C1:N100,3,0),"")

Not only is it shorter but it uses less computer power, so it runs faster.

A short conditional format would be to choose Formula is and enter
=ISNA(B1) and choose a font color of white.
This approach has somewhat limited usefulness because if the cell is
formatted with a background you need to adjust the format depending on the
cell fill color.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Jman1018" wrote:

I have a VLOOKUP looking up a value on another sheet. I works fine but when
it can't find the value it shows a #N/A. I don't want to see the #N/A in any
of the feilds on this sheet and I know I need to do a conditional format and
turn the text to the same color as the backgroud color. I just don't know
the correct "Formula Is" statement.
--
Jman1018