Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Excel - in a row of numbers, put last entered number Cell B2

You could use a formula where you declare the range to use.

Say you wanted to use A1 to Z1, then you could place this formula in Row1,
as long as it was *outside* the referenced cells.

So, you could enter this in say AA1:

=Lookup(99^99,A1:z1)
--
HTH,

RD

"RJ" wrote in message
I was afraid of that in my tests.

Is there a different formula that would work at the end of a row of cells
use the first cell to the left with a number in it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Fortunately, we can put this formula in any cell (except cells in the
first
row).
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200809

"RJ" wrote:

Thank you. That works fine.... how do I modify the formula what if I
wanted
to put number in cell W1 instead of B2?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1:10),1:1)