Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default locating autosaved file

If you're really using autosave, then that means every 10 minutes, your original
file is overwritten with the newly saved file.

But if you're using AutoRecovery, this means that another file was created every
10 minutes--just in case excel (or windows) crashed.

But since you closed excel normally (I'm guessing), this other file has been
deleted.

Do you have a backup of your file somewhere?

Maybe you emailed a copy and you have a copy in your sent folder?

emilr17 wrote:

I had a file with three columns of data. I had intended to sort all three
columns based on the third column. I accidentaly only sorted the third column
losing the connection to the first two columns. I did not notice, saved and
quit. Upon reopening the document it was naturally impossible to undo. The
third column data no longer held the proper relationship to the first and
second column data. Can I retrieve an autosaved copy or the original? It
seems that my autosave options are turned on for every ten minutes.

--

Dave Peterson