Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Minimun values in a list

I tend to use Google Groups (and a newsreader when that is playing up,
which seems to be quite often recently). The system in GG is 5 stars,
so again the comment about clicking Yes is irrelevant - though I've
seen quite a few posts that have such a comment.

Pete

On Oct 24, 4:50*pm, John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote:
So, other than reading the responses, there is no quick clear cut way to know
if something has been resolved? Sounds like a bad idea to me.
--
** John C **

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:
Newsreader allow you to view messages by threads (subjects) in a tree
view... unread messages have the title shown in bold text, read messages
shown in non-bold text. Not only can you tell if a message has a response
but, in longer threads, you can see which messages you have already read and
which are still waiting for you to be read. Also, clicking on the message
header shows the message in another panel without all the webpage flipping
that I have seen in forums.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"John C" <johnc@stateofdenial wrote in message
so in your newsreader, is there no indication that a question has been
answered? If that is the case, why would you use a newsreader if you have
read every post to see if a question has been satisfactorily answered?
--
** John C **

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:18:13 -0700, John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote:

Please remember, if your question is answered, to check the YES box
below.
It helps everyone.

Doesn't help anyone who uses a news reader John.

We don't need a "Yes" in the box below...............we download all
posts
and can see all replies.

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP- Hide quoted text -