Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bobt Bobt is offline

Default Delete rows with specific text

Two options.

1. Can you sort your data? If so, sort based on the cell that begins with
"press" then all of the rows you need to delete will be together and you can
delete those in one step.

2. If you can't sort the data, then use the AUTOFILTER feature (Data menu).
This will allow you to hide the rows that don't begin with "press" and then
delete those in one step.

Bob Tulk
MOUS (XP/97)

"David" wrote:

Hi all,
I have figured out how to use the replace feature to replace certain
words or lines with others. My question is: Can this or any other feature be
used to delete entire rows? For example, I have several rows to be deleted
spread out over a worksheet that is hundreds of pages long. All of these
rows begin with the word "press". Any suggestions? Thank you very much.
--
Thanks,
David