Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kurt kurt is offline

Default Sum Vlookup / Match Formula across 8 workbooks

I have a multiple vloookup question. Currently I have a consolidation
model that pulls in data from 3 other workbooks based on 2 conditions:

1: does the user want the submodel included - a "y" or "n" is entered
2: is the consolidation model month number for the row/column we are
in = the month number on which we should start including the submodel

These conditions do not apply to the first model as it is always
included.

My formula which appears below has worked fine for three workbooks,
but now I am asked to include a total of 8 workbooks making the
formula cumbersome and likely (haven't tested yet) running over the
formula character limit.

All the sheets are formatted the same with month numbers running on
line 3 and account names in column B.

1 2 3 .. 120
Accnt 1
Accnt 2
Accnt 3
Acct 65

=IF(Model1_Flag="y",VLOOKUP($B6,'Model1.xls'!PLDat aTable,MATCH(M
$3,'[Model1.xls]PandL'!$B$3:$EB$3,0),FALSE),0)

+IF(AND(Model2_Flag="y",M$3=Model2Start),VLOOKUP( $B6,'Model2'!
PLDataTable,MATCH(M$3-Model2Start+1,'[Model2.xls]PandL'!$B$3:$EB$3),
0),FALSE)

+IF(AND(Model3_Flag="y",M$3=Model3Start),VLOOKUP( $B6,'Model3.xls'!
PLDataTable,MATCH(M$3-Model3Start+1,Model3.xls]PandL'!$B$3:$EB
$3,0),FALSE))

I would appreciate any feedback on how to change the formula, us VBA
instead, etc.