Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sandeep sandeep is offline

Default How to MATCH or VLOOKUP & copy using 2 excel files

Thanks Madhu for replying so fast. Let me put total thing in prospective:

There are 2 excel files: A.xls & B.xls
In file B.xls in Sheet1, there are 5 columns F,G,H,I &J
F, I, J = contains Name
G & H = contains numerical values

Now, In file A.xls, in Sheet1, I write names in Column A.
I want: If the name written by me in Column A (in A.xls) matches exactly
(Case Sensitive) as Column F (in B.xls), it should produce results as follows:
Column B (in A.xls)=Column G (of B.xls)
Column C (in A.xls)=Column H (of B.xls)
Column D (in A.xls)=Column I (of B.xls)
Column E (in A.xls)=Column J (of B.xls)

Please reply.
Sandeep

"muddan madhu" wrote:

try this

=INDEX(Sheet2!$E$2:$E$10,MATCH("*"&Sheet1!A2&"*",S heet2!$D$2:$D$10,0))

On Oct 23, 7:45 am, Sandeep wrote:
In excel2007, I'm having 2 files. In file#1, in Sheet1, Column A contains
some names. In file#2, in Sheet1, Column D contains same (Case Matching)
names but in DIFFERENT ORDERS & Column E contains some numerical values
against each names.
In file#1, in Sheet1, in Column H, How to get the same numerical values
(Column E of file#2) against the names in Column A?
Note: File#2, Column D may contain ADDITIONAL names also(for which there is
some value in Column E).

Please help without VBA i.e. thr' excel functions
Sandeep