Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, LOOKUP???

Connie Martin wrote:
I am confused.

You're probably not the only one!

In Cell A3, I would like a formula that would look at the
number A4

I assume you mean "look at the number IN A4".

and then go to the next worksheet called 'Nirav' and see if the
number appears in A1:A300, and return "Yes" or "No" in A2 of the first
worksheet.

If you want "Yes" or "No" in A2, then what do you want for a result in A3? If
the A2 is just a typo and you really meant A3 (or the other way around), then
you are looking for something like this:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A4,Nirav!A1:A300,1,FALSE)),"No"," Yes")

Simple? Wish it were for me. Help, please! Connie