Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting Date not working

Have you looked at Windows Regional Settings (in Control Panel)?
Perhaps it is expecting dd/mm/yyyy and you are giving it mm/dd/yyyy, or vice
versa?

If you've got a lot of text already in there, you may be able to translate
it with Data/ Text to Columns, if you select the relevant date format
appropriate to your input data at the last stage of the wizard.
--
David Biddulph

"Chad" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

One one of our computers the date is not working. Usually when you format
a cell as a date, when you type in a date it will display it as the
format.

This one computer keeps the text as text, not a date. I know I am typing
the date in, in a way that it will reconize it, but it is not switching it
over to a date.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Chad