Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet

I think you want this.
=SUMIF($C$2:$C$100,A2,$D$2:$D$100)
copy down for each unit listed in column A, expand the range beyond 100, or
shorten it up as needed.
Was confused by your comment: ...have each cell in "A" check all cells in
"B" to see...
I think you are checking column C, as you state in the next sentence.
--
** John C **
Please remember, if your question is answered, to check the YES box below.

"khicks4u" wrote:

I have four columns (A, b, c, d). What could I do to have each cell in "A"
check all cells in "B" to see if their is a match. If there is a match in
"C" take the value in "D" and place it in "B" next to the match in column "A".
Unit(A) #of Admissions(B) Unit(C) #of
admissions(D)
CCU 5 TICU
2
ICU CCU
5
TICU ICU
4

Goal: I want to populate "B" with the information from "D" next to the
correct unit.

Thank you,
Kem