Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default XY Scatter graph: x-axis picking up row numbers instead of values

Make sure the X values range contains only numerical values, no text.
Sometimes when data is imported from an external source, even the numbers
are imported as text. You can select a column, and use Data menu Text to
Columns to convert it to numbers.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Darryl" wrote in message
When plotting an XY scatter graph, my x-axis values are picking up the row
numbers instead of the values which I've inlcuded in the range.
Highlighting
a data point shows the following [Series 1 Point "15.00" (67,18.75)]. The
x-value is showing 67, which is the row number where the data point is
located. The x-value should be the 15.00, which is what I have inlcuded
in
the x-value range.

I've checked that the X & Y ranges are pointing to the correct cell ranges
and that I have a scatter graph & not a line graph. Any suggestions as
how
to fix this? I'm using excel 2003.