Jim May

Also, in cell A6 (for example) enter =ROW()-5 (will produce 1 ) , then
copy down as far as you like This method especially helpful if you later add
or delete rows as auto-renumbering will take place,, may or may not be
something you would want.
HTH

One method.....there are many.

Enter 1 in A1.

Go to Name Box left of Formula Bar and type A1:A3000 then hit ENTER key.

EditFillSeriesLinearOK

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:55:02 -0700, "toddb123"
wrote:

Is there a way to automatically list numbers? For example I want to make

number list from 1-3000. If I enter 1 can Excel list the rest

automatically?