Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Calculating future dates using WORKDAY & specific requirements

Hi,

Try
=IF(ISNUMBER(C2),WORKDAY(C2,10),"")

or

=IF(ISNUMBER(C2),WORKDAY(C2,10,G1:G4),"")

Where G1:G4 contain a list of holidays.

Just a reminder, the WORKDAY function is an Analysis ToolPak function which
means you must attach the ATP, Choose Tools, Add-ins, and check Analysis
ToolPak.

If this helps, please check the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"seltzer" wrote:

As part of project management duties, I need to continually update a table
that contains various Visit Dates for sites and when the various reports are
due.
Column C contains a date as it is scheduled meaning some of the rows of
pending visits will not yet contain a date in that cell or if the visit is to
be cancelled, the cell will contain NA. The first draft of the report is due
10 days after the Scheduled Visit Date shown in Column C. In the past, I
used the following formula putting the due report date in column D:
=IF(OR($C2="",$C2="NA"),"",($C2+10)) Now the boss wants the draft due 10
Workdays after the Scheduled Visit Date. I have lots of other columns of
data in this table so I'd prefer to keep all of the required parts of the
formula within the one formula if possible. At this time, they aren't
concerned about excluding standard holidays although I wouldn't mind knowing
how to create that formula as well.
Hope someone can help.