Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cutilee cutilee is offline

Default How do I change the colour of a reoccuring word in an excel wo

Thank you for your help.

I tried this one too but is doesn't work either. My spreadsheet consists of
a product list. I have updated the list with new products so at the end of
each name the have the word"New!".

I would like to highlight the word"New!" to red so it stands out and is
recognizable by my customers lwhen they look at this list.

"N Harkawat" wrote:

The easiest approach would be to put a filter on the column where you have
the word"NEW"using data--Filter-- Autofilter command.
Then select the word "new" from the drop down
Now select the range which has the word new and simply change the color of
the selected range.

You may now remove the Autofilter

"cutilee" wrote:

cHi,
I am trying to change the colour of a reocuring word in my workbook. How do
I do that? I tried find and replace but that changes all the text in each
row. I just want a particular word to be highlighted.

For example, the word is New!
It appears quiet a few tme in some columns and I want to change the colour
to red so it stands out.

Can someone help me, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Kareem.