Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Match Columns

Insert the following formula in C1 (or whatever row your data in A and
B begins). It will return "In A" if the value in B occurs in A, or
"Not In A" if the value in B doesn't occur in A.

=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A$5,B1),"In A","Not In A")

Change A$1:A$5 to the range of cells in A that have data.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:19:01 -0700, Lindsey
wrote:

Thank you, but the columns are seperate.

A B
12 12
15 16
32 32
543 324

I want know what values that are listed in column B are listed in column A.
Thanks!

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lindsey" wrote in message
Hi, I have two columns with numbers. I need to know what numbers in column
is the same in column B. Could this be done by highlighting? or some other
way? Thanks for your help!