John Mansfield

Inquirer,

Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need
to be the same:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handb...on3/qqplot.htm

You would need to use an XY Scatter Chart. To build the 45 degree line, set
up a series with data that moves on X and Y in a 1 to 1 relationship, i.e.

x y
10 10
20 20
30 30
40 40

At this point your other series are bases on your calculations of a quantile.

A Google Search using "Quantile - Quantile Plots" will bring up several
resources for calculations.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"inquirer" wrote:

I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I
then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)...

Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots
in excel?
I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to
make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not
have equal numbers of records.
Thanks
Chris