John Mansfield

Teng,

Set your data up like this (assume Toyota is in cell A1, 25 in B1, and 25 in
C1 - Honda info is in row 2):

Toyota 25 25
Honda 30 30

Select the range A1:C2. Go to the Chart Wizard and in step 1 under the
Standard Types tab, choose the Bar - Stacked Bar chart. In step 2 of the
Wizard select Series in: Columns. Go through the rest of the prompts in the
Wizard until the chart appears on your worksheet.

After the chart has appeared on the sheet, select the bars closest to the Y
axis by clicking once on them. Right-click on your mouse and choose Selected
Object from the menu. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the
Patterns tab. Select Border = None and Area = None.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Teng" wrote:

I need to plot a bar chart where the values is a price range.
In my graph the x-axis is a price range (i.e. 25, 50,100, etc) and the
y-axis is the product name (i.e. toyota, honda, bmw, mercedes, ferrari). The
bar should reflect the position of a prodcut name's price range (i.e. toyota,
25-50) in the graph.

This way toyota will have a bar starting from the 25 grid to the 50 grid,
honda (30-60) will have a bar starting from 30 grid to the 60 grid, etc.