Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Snailspace Snailspace is offline

Default Applications in Excel

Thank you all for your help! Now that I know it is possible I will
work it out! Now the journey begins!

On Oct 22, 2:04*am, ShaneDevenshire
wrote:
Hi,

In some cases you can use the VBA's Shell() command to run other programs
outside of Excel but these are executable programs. *Technically, you can run
other programs which use VBA from inside of Excel by referencing the Object
library of the other program. *

However, all of this is no small challenge unless you have a strong
programming background. *It is best to see if you can "pull" the data from
the other program using either a pivot table or an External data connections
through a query.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire