Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mark F Mark F is offline

Default figuring tax

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:06:00 -0700, Kassie
wrote:

Hell, I would love to pay only .0925% tax! We pay 14%. Doe you wish to
calculate 9,25% tax, or really .0925%

If the first, and say your tax line is in cell G10, then enter in G10
=G9*.0925, if you want the tax amount only. If you want the price plus tax,
then enter =G9*1.0925

If it is really .0925%, then you would enter it as G9*.000925, or
=G9*1.000925, but I believe it will be the first set of figures?

And of course you have to go through the usual complication of
rounding things correctly to meet the requirements of your whatever
entity is imposing the taxes so that you don't wind up paying a big
fine because you rounded to the nearest .01 instead of always up
or always down, or some other rule that might be required.