Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Hidden Tabs appear when I reopen the file

I saw the code and didn't notice anything in there that would change the
visibility of the tabs.

But there were lots of calls to a couple of macros that may do something that
you didn't share.

Try looking through those procedures to see if you have any
"DisplayWorkbookTabs" in them.

Heck, maybe searching the entire workbook's project for that would be
worthwhile.

=====
But if you want to take the easy route (I would!)...

Just try:

loadWorkbook
Me.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
End Sub

But I don't know what LoadWorkbook does. Maybe that line of code really belongs
in that procedure????

Brenda wrote:

Did you see the code i posted before your response? Any clue with all of
those codes i didn't enter those they were there when i got this program
should i enter the code you mentioned at the end of what i pasted below.
--
Thank you, Brenda

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

When I hide the tabs in xl2003 and save the workbook with that window's tabs
hidden, then the tabs are hidden when I reopen the workbook.

I don't have a guess why they're shown for you.

But maybe you could add a line in your workbook_open procedure to hide the tabs:

Me.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False

(Me refers to the object that owns the code--in this case, it's the workbook
itself.)

Brenda wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003. I am not the designer of the program and there
are a lot of formulas, links etc in this program. However, i have placed
buttons from the forms toolbar and hide the tabs located at the bottom. In
otherwords they click on the bottom and it brings up the tab i hide and on
that page another button that says take back to the home page and hides that
tab again. My problem is when i close out the program and go back in the tabs
are back at the bottom and i have to hide them to make the buttons work. How
can i get them to stay hidden when the program is opened.
--
Thank you, Brenda

--

Dave Peterson