Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Hidden Tabs appear when I reopen the file

When I hide the tabs in xl2003 and save the workbook with that window's tabs
hidden, then the tabs are hidden when I reopen the workbook.

I don't have a guess why they're shown for you.

But maybe you could add a line in your workbook_open procedure to hide the tabs:

Me.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False

(Me refers to the object that owns the code--in this case, it's the workbook
itself.)

Brenda wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003. I am not the designer of the program and there
are a lot of formulas, links etc in this program. However, i have placed
buttons from the forms toolbar and hide the tabs located at the bottom. In
otherwords they click on the bottom and it brings up the tab i hide and on
that page another button that says take back to the home page and hides that
tab again. My problem is when i close out the program and go back in the tabs
are back at the bottom and i have to hide them to make the buttons work. How
can i get them to stay hidden when the program is opened.
--
Thank you, Brenda

--

Dave Peterson