Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Date Format as *3/14/2008

I use Canadian date format so I see
* 14/03/2008
and

If I use the Windows Regional Setting to change to US dates then the first
will become
* 3/14/2008 and all dates in cell will no have the month first
But cell formatted as 14 March 2008 will not be affected by the Regional
Setting

I guess only non-US buyers of new PCs ever have to play with Regional
Setting other than to set the time zone

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Daren" wrote in message
Hello,

If the format for date is *3/14/2008, I get the message at the bottom of
the
Format Cells Box that "Date formats display date and time serial numbers
as
date values. Except for items that have an asterisk (*), applied formats
do
not switch date orders with the operating system." What does this mean?

Thanks!