Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Data Validation with Drop-down list

Hi

Using DV to create dropdown selection lists, does not provide this
functionality.
To provide that functionality, you would need to use a Combo Box.

Debra Dalgleish has examples of both at her site.
There is also a downloadable example file I created, using code to create a
dropdown list with single letters of the alphabet inserted.
Then, you can type G, for example, and be taken straight to the part of the
list beginning with G.
http://www.contextures.com/DataValHeadings.zip
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ulrik Loves Horses" wrote in
message ...
While using data validation a drop down list becomes available. This is a
very useful tool.
However the drop down list does not accept first typed character(s) to
show
only the data starting with that/these character(s). What do I need to do
make this work??? On the contrary with Filters on a database this works
perfectly.

Thank you.

UlrikLovesHorses