Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Deleting Name from Name Box

Hi,

It doesn't look like you got the answer to your question - the answer is No.
The other posts are correct regarding deleting names:
1. In 2003 and earlier you do it via the Insert, Name, Define command -
shortcut key Ctrl+F3
2. In 2007 you do it via Formulas, Name Manager - same shortcut key.
3. If you are using 2003 or earlier an add-in helps quite a bit because the
Define Name dialog box is rather weak. However, 2007 is a big improvement.
4. If you are trying to hide names you can do it with VBA:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Test", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet3!R6C7",
Visible:=False
However, it is not visible in the Insert, Name or Go To dialog boxes.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Workbook" wrote:

Is it possible to delete a name(s) from the name box once you have given a
cell or group of cells a specific name? and if so could you tell me how I can
do so?