Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Applications in Excel

Hi,

In some cases you can use the VBA's Shell() command to run other programs
outside of Excel but these are executable programs. Technically, you can run
other programs which use VBA from inside of Excel by referencing the Object
library of the other program.

However, all of this is no small challenge unless you have a strong
programming background. It is best to see if you can "pull" the data from
the other program using either a pivot table or an External data connections
through a query.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Snailspace" wrote:

Can I run another program as well? Our proprietary database runs a
report that exports to an excel file. Can I setup Excel to run that
application from a network drive location?

Thanks for the response....

On Oct 21, 12:00 pm, Gary''s Student
wrote:
Yes

You can run a macro in one workbook that can open several other workbooks,
process data in the varous workbooks, and then combine the results.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k