Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How can I automatically update stock prices?

Contact me privately at my address below

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"klkropf" wrote in message
Don,
I downloaded YahooMultipleQuotes.xls and I love it! I tried to look at
the
VB code so I could see how it's working and it's password protected. Is
there any way I can look at he VB code?
Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote:

As I said, glad you like it, BUT the other one would be better for your
ORIGINAL question.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"lisgur" wrote in message
Thank you. I downloaded your file, "YahooMultipleHistory97a_P.xls,"
and

it
works perfectly.

Lee

"Don Guillett" wrote:

download quotes is NOT my file and I wouldn't use that method.
However,

downloaded and changed the symbols to ibm, msft, t and it worked for
me.

look for files with an author of donalb36.
GetYahooMultipleHistory97a_P.xls
Yahoo History & Graph 111 KB donaldb36
YahooMultipleQuotes.xls
YahooMultipleQuotes 41 KB donaldb36

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"lisgur" wrote in message

Quotes.XLS" I'm using office 2003.
"Don Guillett" wrote:

Which file? What did you do? etc.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"lsi" wrote in message
Don,

Thanks for the prompt answer. I found the file but in some

respects
I'm a
neophyte. After I downloaded it and fixed my security settings

get
it
get a visual basic error message, "run-time error 1004."
Saying,

"the
internet site reports that the item you requested could not be

found.
(HTTP/1.0 404)"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Lee

"Don Guillett" wrote:

goto xltradersjoin and download a couple of free files I
have
provided
get info from Yahoo.

To visit your group on the web, go to:

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"LSI" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet tempate that I made where I write
down

my
daily
stock
transactions. For each position I have in inventory I show

the
closing
price, the quantity and the cost. I would like to be able

get
or
create a
function that each time I open the sheet I could login to
say

MMoney
file
or my broke and update the current price for each security.

Does
anyone
do
this or know how to do it?