Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neo Neo is offline

Default Formula Help Please

must be because i use the portuguese version.

the formula in the english version must be
=vlookup(a1;sheet1!$a$1:$a$2;2;false)

"Michael Cannon" escreveu:

Thank you for the help, I figured I would need to tie the date in there
somehow. However, the formula still is not working and I get =name? as the
data in sheet2 b2 now.

"Neo" wrote:

on sheet1 you'll have to put the current day. you can use =today() in the
same line at left of the information on the sheet1. For example, in the cell
a1: =today() in the cell a2: you put the information. in the sheet2, the
first column may have all dates in the month, the second column in the first
cell may have the formula =procv(a1;sheet1!$a$1:$a$2;2;false) then copy and
paste for each line in the second column

"Michael Cannon" escreveu:

I am very new to Excel and I don't know all the technical jargon so I'll just
explain my problem. I am trying to record a cell from sheet1 to a column on
sheet2, where the cell on sheet1 changes every day, but on sheet2 I want it
to record the new data below the old data while keeping the ol data. So,
sheet1 a1 I put 30, I want it to go to sheet2 a1 and put 30. Then tomorrow I
put 50 in sheet1 a1, I want the result to go in sheet2 a2, while still having
my 30 from the previous day in a1. So at the end of the month I can look back
at each day and see what the data was.Thanks for any help.