Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Rice Pat Rice is offline

Default commission lookup

Mike,

That did it, can you tell me why? What does 2 represent? I get true but and
had tried the formula but didn't have the 2 in it. I am new to this and just
winging.
--
We all need a little help

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If your prepared to sort your table like this with column 2 ascending then
this formula works

=VLOOKUP(D1,B1:C9,2,TRUE)

82.99% 0.00% 2
84.49% 82.50% 3
87.49% 85.00% 4
89.99% 87.50% 5
92.49% 90.00% 6
94.99% 92.50% 7
97.49% 95.00% 8
99.99% 97.50% 9
100.00% 99.99% 10

Mike

"Pat Rice" wrote:

I have a commision form that return the amount of commission my sales guys
are suppose to get base on percentage of sales value. a represents the high
of the range while b represents the low end of range. c represent the
percentage for that range and d represents the presentage this saleguy got
for this sales. How do I get e to show the value of 9 which is the
percentage for this sale. Thanks for all you help

a b c d e
100.00% 99.991% 10 98.72
99.99% 97.50% 9
97.49% 95.00% 8