Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ccreed61 ccreed61 is offline

Default function to calculate total using multiple criteria

Thanks a bunch for your help. I knew I was making it harder than it needed to
be. Much appreciation...ccreed61

"Max" wrote:

A pivot table is another great n fast "function"/way to handle this

Some easy steps:
Assume your source table is in cols A to C,
with col headers: Client, Dept, Date
data from row2 down
(Dates in C2 down are assumed real dates)

Select any cell in the source table, click Data Pivot table
Click NextNext. In step 3 of the wiz., click Layout, then:
Drag n drop Dept & Date in ROW area, one below the other
Drag n drop Client in DATA area (it'll appear as Count)
Click OK Finish

Hop over to the pivot sheet (just to the left)
Right-click on Date Group & Show Detail Group Months OK
Then just drag Date n drop it over "Total",
to place all the grouped months into cols
There you go, done in 15 seconds flat.
--
Max
Singapore
"ccreed61" wrote:
Need total of column A (Consumer's Names) who have been assigned to specific
department (column B) in the month of January (Column C), February, etc. I
have tried different formulas already posted but I'm not having any luck. I
am using Excel 2003. Thanks for your help in advance.