Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brenda Brenda is offline

Default Excel 2003 won't let me click on a button when i protect document

Please read the below. I did this however, when i do this and then reopen the
document i get an error when i click on any of my buttons, what am i goind
wrong once i take out my password it works fine.
--
"Bob I" wrote:

Click Tools, Protect

lildarlin82 wrote:
Is there anyway to lock the cells so that they can't even type anything? I
just played around with your recommendation and it is what I'm looking for;
however, I could make changes and save a Copy of it, and I don't want them to
be able to do that.

Thanks so much for your help thus far.

"Bob I" wrote:

File,Save As, Tools, General Option, Password to modify.

lildarlin82 wrote:

We have a Shared Drive here in my office (training department for a local
healthcare system.) I have a Room Reservation calendar on the Shared Drive
for everyone to view. When opened, a prompt "Do you want to open as
Read-only" pops up. When I open it, I tell it "No" so that I can make
changes. However, I do not want anyone else in the department to be able to
make changes.

Our Computer Instructor and I tried figuring out now to protect it to where
I am the only one who can make changes, even with it being on the Shared
Drive, but are having trouble. Can anyone help?

Thank you, Brenda