Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kassie kassie is offline

Default figuring tax

Hell, I would love to pay only .0925% tax! We pay 14%. Doe you wish to
calculate 9,25% tax, or really .0925%

If the first, and say your tax line is in cell G10, then enter in G10
=G9*.0925, if you want the tax amount only. If you want the price plus tax,
then enter =G9*1.0925

If it is really .0925%, then you would enter it as G9*.000925, or
=G9*1.000925, but I believe it will be the first set of figures?
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"jesseok" wrote:

I need some help configuring the function to figure tax on an invoice. need
to figure .0925% of just one line above the tax line. please help Jeff