Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Function Difficulty

There is nothing wrong - it works for me
Try making formula using pointing method rather than typing:
1) Type =IF(F1=
2) Now click on the cell J4 in the second file
3) Type a comma and click on G5 in the second file (forget about H5 for the
moment)
4) complete the formula by typing
Does this work?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Johnnie" wrote in message
I am having a problem retrieving information from one worksheet to another.
This is the formula I am using:

=IF(F1='[Revenue_Projection.xls]Dollar
Forecast'!J4,'[Revenue_Projection.xls]Dollar Forecast'!G5+H5,"")

I have also tried it this way:

=IF(F1='[Revenue_Projection.xls]Dollar
Forecast'!J4,sum('[Revenue_Projection.xls]Dollar Forecast'!G5:H5),"")

I have confirmed that F1 and J4 match. Can you please advise me on why I
am
not getting the information as requested.

Thanks for your help.

Johnnie