Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Sum of Daily Overtime

Hi,

As said for the total overtime in F1 =SUM(IF(A1:E18,A1:E1-8,0))
but for the total regular time in G1 =SUM(A1:E1)-F1

Adjust your ranges as necessary.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote:

I need to keep my columns to a minimum.

There are 5 columns for each employee (Monday-Friday). Overtime is
calculated over 8 hours and I need to track how much total regular time &
over time for each employee for each month.

I want some kind of sum if forumula that will calculate everything over 8
and everything under 8.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
8 10 12 6 10 Should be 38 regular hrs, 8
Overtime Hrs (employees will not always have at least 8 hours)

I've tried max/min formulas but not sure how I can do it with keeping my
columns/rows to a minmum. Any ideas?