Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default numbers starting with 0

One way is to preformat the col as TEXT
Or, enter a preceding apostrophe
(both ways above will result in text numbers)

Alternatively, if you need it to remain as real numbers but appear displayed
with the preceding zeros, try preformatting the col as Custom, Type: 000000
Then just enter the nums as per normal.
--
Max
Singapore
"mccomb" wrote:
I have a group of 6 digit numbers starting with "0". When I enter this in
the cell, it shows up in the cell correctly. BUT up above the 0 gets
dropped. I need the 0 to stay there. What can I do so the 0 does not drop
off in the top box.