Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default how do I use wild card in SUMPRODUCT formula?

Hi,

First your title - SUMPRODUCT does not support wildcards, but then I don't
see any in your formula.
Everything is OK with respect to the formula as far as I can tell. However,
two points - I would construct the formula in the same sheet as all the
reference to make sure you there isn't a type in the sheet name portion. 2.
If you are trying to ask if the J range = one of the three "NON ASCII; NON
PRINTABLE; NULLS; CARRIAGE CONTROL" items this is not the correct way, if you
are trying to find all entries that have the entire string, it looks good to
me.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Foad" wrote:

Greetings!

I am using this formula and and it does not seem the syntax is correct:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Consolidated Report'!J5:J8941="NON ASCII; NON PRINTABLE;
NULLS; CARRIAGE CONTROL")*('Consolidated
Report'!A5:A8941<"Open")*('Consolidated Report'!LEFT(E5:E8941,6) = "R12741"))

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks