Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Averaging cells not connected

Try:

=AVERAGE(IF(B5:D5<0,B5:D5),IF(B10:D10<0,B10:D10) )

This is an array formula so must be enterered by pressing and holding the
Crtl & Shift keys while you press the Enter key. If you do this correctly
then Excel will place curly braces { } around the formula.

If you do not array enter it you will get a #Value! error.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Gary" wrote in message
Iam somewhat new to Excell 2003. I've just learned how to average cells
(&
ignore zeros) that are connected, either row to row, or coloumb to
coloumb.
I need to know how to average cells (& ignore zeros or blank cells) that
is a
mix of connected cell and others that are not connected.....like;
B5 C5 D5
B10 C10 D10
this format continues for several more rows.

Not sure if I'll find this help screen again. If you don't mined, would
you also email the results to:
Thanks.