Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate cells containing exponents

Just as a clarification on my last post... what I am asking for is an
example for two cells showing the values in them and the concatenated value
you want to produce from them. I'm specifically interested in seeing an
example of when the exponents are different from each other (if that is a
case that can in fact exist in your worksheet).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
I think we need some more information. You say superscript and caret when
referring to the value in a cell... exactly what value is in the cells and
how are you concatenating them?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"CJ" wrote in message
From my original post: is it possible to use VBA to write the base with
the
exponent so that there is no carat? How would I do this? I want to
display an
equation but the exponent will change. Any ideas please. Thank you.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Formulas don't allow this type of character by character formatting.

CJ wrote:

Using Excel 2003, is it possible to concatenate cells containing
exponents
without getting the carat? I don't want to concatenate 2 and the
exponent 5
and get the result 2^5 when the 5 is already a superscript. The 5
needs to
remain as a superscript. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson