Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
computexcel computexcel is offline

Default Autofilter

I have a very large data of names autofiltered.
I learned to drop down, then, write the first letter and go alphabetically
by that letter if I want to.
However, in some letters ( ex R) they are a lot of names starting with R.
Before doing autofilter, I have to work down the worksheet column by column
and then autofilter to find all names that are the same.
This is complicate it to explain but here goes :
Is there any way or trick I could use that, when my ACTIVE CELL says for
example
RANEIRO, then going to drop down in the top autofilter and select all RANEIRO
instead of looking it in the extense dropdown list.
THANKS