Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BD BD is offline

Default conditional formula in terms of cell formats

They are manual inputs, but they are white because they are first in a
string, meaning physically on the sheet, (1) there is a blank cell to its
left and a blank cell to its right or (2) a blank cell to its left and the
same number in black to its right. Is there a formula based on this logic?

thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Write a formula based on the logic of *why* the numbers are white.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bd" wrote in message
I have a sheet with some numbers in white and some in black. I can use the
"find" function to isolate and find the white numbers and then manually
add
all of them up separately. How could I directly write a formula in a cell
sum up all the white numbers?