JimH

Default Button hides unhides columns, how?

I inherited a workbook where in some tabs buttons are used to hide and unhide
columns. These buttons appear above the column headers and are labeled with
the + sign. When clicked several columns are unhidden and a button appears
with a "-" sign. Clicking this button in turn rehides the columns. How is
this done? Are these command buttons? How are they inserted above the
column headers? I've not been able to figure out how to see the code behind
the buttons. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
--
JimH