Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Excel screws up my computer display

Hi,

Excel 2007 is graphically intense, so if your computer graphic - card +
monitor aren't up to speed so to speak, this may not refresh correctly.

I have seen screen savers which put pieces of the screen in the wrong place
and when you move the mouse not everything refreshes correctly.

One solution I have found is to just minimize and restore Excel, then
everything clears up.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Dave Gilblom" wrote:

After Excel 2007 has been idle for a while odd pieces of the Excel window
start showing up in the wrong place on the screen. If I right-click the bar
that shows the Excel is open, then it is all black and the "Close" and other
choices don't come up until I point to where they should be. If I close
Excel and open it again everything is fine. I do not have to restart the
computer, just Excel. Excel also does not seem to close properly when I use
the shutdown button in windows. None of the other Office programs cause any
trouble. Does anybody know what causes this?

Dave Gilblom