Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Rule of 75 Retirement Calculation

Here is your answer.

Assume DOB is in B1 and Date of Hire is in C1

(((75*365.25)-(C1-B1))/2)+C1

Taking your years needed and multiplying by 365.25 to get number of days.
You can just use 27393.75, but wanted to show my work...

Take the date of hire and subtract the date of birth from it. This will give
number of days from birth to hire. Take that amount out of your 75 year
calculation. This now normalizes your calculation.

Divide by 2 since we are double counting every day, one for your aging, one
for your working. This will give your number of days from hire to reach your
75 year goal.

Now, just add all these days to your date of hire to show date of goal.

Maybe confusing, but it works.

"BAD" wrote:

I need a formula to give me the date of when someone's age and years of
service equals to 75. I have the birth date and the date of hire but have no
idea where to begin. Any suggestions?