Duke Carey

When Bernie typed 'Select the column' he meant to click on the column header
- i.e., the 'A' above column A. This will select the entire column.

Once you've done that, follow the rest of his steps to fill ALL empty cells

"Jim99" wrote:

Thanks, this is helpful up to the last sentence; Then copy
the whole column and paste special values.
At this point I'm lost, I mean how do I get Excel to repeat this process
through the remaining 13,000 rows? Also, more often than not I don't have a
single empty cell, but a number, up to about 5 or 6. So when there are
multiple cells I want all of them populated with the contents of the next
populated cell.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Jim,

Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an
equal sign, press the down arrow key once, and press Ctrl-Enter. Then copy
the whole column and paste special values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jim99" wrote in message
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long.

One
of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell

in
this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated

cell
below it?
Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it
self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me"
I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this.
Thanks