Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GerryD_62[_2_] GerryD_62[_2_] is offline

Default Drop down list question

Spiky,
I don't know if I should use "indirect" - I just believe that I should. The
4 digit codes are currently listed as 1 complete reference "LocCode". The
location description is just a general location description, i.e.,
Jacksonville, FL for example. On the sheet where I want the location
description to display (B6) after entering the drop down list of LocCode
(B4), all that should show is "Jacksonville, FL".

The Location Descriptions are referenced as a group "LocDescription"
(Jacksonville, FL). So too the "LocCode" (4 digits) as in "ABCD". All 10
(LocCode in Column A and LocDescriptions in Column B) are grouped in both
columns. I feel I am on the correct path; however, it is also turning out
incorrect.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your original post I would be happy to attempt any suggestions
you pose.

Sincerely,
Gerry

"Spiky" wrote:

If you are trying to get help with Indirect, it would probably better
to give the actual references and formulas. How do your 4 digit codes
turn into a reference? Are there names already defined? What is the
actual output supposed to be in B6?

Also, if LocDescription is a Named Range, you don't need the quotes ""
in the formula.