Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Correlation or Regression Analysis

Hi,

You may be better in charting but here's my effor
Click on the graph icon
Select Line and go for a simple line graph (Top left sample)
Click the 'series ' tab and then ADD
Click the symbol on the right of the NAME box and select the cell with
"Conversion"
Click the symbol again
Click the values box and select the cells with the conversion factors in
Click the X axis box and select the cells with the Store numbers in

NEXT
You can now do all sorts of fancy things to the graph
When you finished click Finish and you now have a graph of store conversions

Mike

"les8" wrote:

Hi,

My manager wants an analysis of these variables (He said correlation but I
think he meant regression, but am not sure). I have no idea on how to
proceed. What he wants is a graph that has conversion on the y axis, with
the conversion points being what is graphed. I don't know what goes on the x
axis. He said that he wants to know what stores are lower (conversion wise)
and what factors would cause conversion to increase.
(Conversion is calculated as transactions divided by traffic).

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
store Sales Conversion ATV Traffic Transactions
2 9,837 24.31% $43.14 938 228
3 12,035 27.24% $40.39 1,094 298
5 9,371 22.90% $40.39 1,013 232
11 12,747 23.79% $40.59 1,320 314