Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Forward Cover in Inventory

Hi

The problem here is we don't know the logic your company uses to calculate
forward cover. Suppose you assume a month requires 100 units then in the FC
column you would enter =INV/100 or in your example =A1/100. On the other
hand if you calculate that number after sales it would be =(A1-B1)/100.

But again the logic of your calculation is based on business decisions, not
on math. Once we know the logic we can set up the math for you.

If this helps click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"neocuproine" wrote:

Hi,

Here's the example:
Month Inv Sales FC
Jan 350 50 3.5
Feb 300 100 2.5
Mar 200 150 1.5
Apr 50 100 0.5
May -50

Hope it is clear!

Thanks.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Could you post an example please.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"neocuproine" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I am stuck in finding a smooth way of calculating forward covers in
inventory figures. Let me explain:
I have Monthly Inventories in column A, Sales in column B and Forward
Cover
in column C
The inventory in A2 is A1 - B1; A3 = A2-B2;...
The Forward Cover should indicate at each month the months of Inventories
have left until I turn negative...

Can someone please help?`

Thank you!