Carole O

One way would be to open a new spreadsheet, select the whole employee data
worksheet, copy, go to the new spreadsheet, paste special, values. Your
supervisor won't be able to update and have the formulas work, because the
formulas are not moving to the new spreadsheet.

Another way would be to find what the link is. There are several
suggestions in the excel community - just do a search on "link".

Hope this helps,
Carole O

"Shahrazad" wrote:

I worked on employees data in excel version 2002, the worksheet contain lots
of formulas, when i email the file to my supervisors, she get a message
stating "This Workbook contains link to other data sources", i either to
choose update or not to update icons, what ever i choose, the cells that
contain fomulas switch to #Name or #Value. please help me asap what is the
problem, i tried many times to solve it but i gave up.
please let me know