Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default getting future dates from an existing date

Works fine for me, if you have a legit date in A1 that formula will return
next Thursday unless the date is a Thursday
then it will return that particular date, example

10/13/2008 Mon
10/14/2008 Tue
10/15/2008 Wed
10/16/2008 Thu
10/17/2008 Fri
10/18/2008 Sat
10/19/2008 Sun

with the above values in A1:A7

my formula copied down will return

10/16/2008 Thu
10/16/2008 Thu
10/16/2008 Thu
10/16/2008 Thu
10/23/2008 Thu
10/23/2008 Thu
10/23/2008 Thu

and those are Thursdays

Peo Sjoblom

"Totti" wrote in message
Dear, Peo Sjoblom

Thank you a lot first of all for :

First Friday of next month is

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)+8-
WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)+2)

First Monday next even months

=DATE(YEAR(A1),CEILING(MONTH(A1)+1,2),0)+4-
WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),CEILING(MO*NTH(A1)+1,2),0)+2 )

they are working amazingly, but
Next Thursday

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1+2)

is not, i even put on the next row,
=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)),"Dddd")
to check if the day is thursday and i see they are not! and i doubled
check my formula fo rgetting the day with the 2 solutions you gave me
which i said they are working and i saw they are all fridays or all
mondays and this is what i want. but as long as next thursday is
concerned. unfortunately not! it is not