Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default Reference only part of a cell

you can use text to column option

select the column

go to data | text to columns | delimited | next | check : space | next
| values which are in brackets select that and column data format as
Text | finish |

On Oct 17, 3:54*pm, edeaston
wrote:
Hi,

I have a column of data on one worksheet that contains two sets of numbers,
with the second number in brackets (see below). This data is actually based
on a mixture of underlying formulas for some cells which change month on
month and some that are manually entered.

2 (4)
5 (5)
11 (22)
6 (9)

On another worksheet I want to display just part of this data - the first
numbers (2,5, 11, 6) but I dont know how. I cant use the LEFT function as the
number could be single or double figures. Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to display the second number on the same worksheet
(different column) using your suggestions?

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need further clarification.

Ed