Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default problem with udf

I see what you mean but only if I enter an = sign in sheet1 E31 then point
and click on sheet2 C28.

If I enter =sheet2!C28 all works OK.

I cannot explain why the point and click reacts as it does.

Gord

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 03:09:00 -0700, Bertus
wrote:

Hi,

The UDF code is:

Function IsFormula(cell_ref As Range)
IsFormula = cell_ref.HasFormula
End Function

The conditional formatting formula I use is:
=isformula(A1)
I then select the cells I want to apply this to in the applies to section.

I have another conditional format to format all other text differently:
=ISBLANK(A1) = FALSE

So in sheet 1 I enter in E31: = 'Sheet2'!C28. when I hit enter E31 in Sheet
1 remains blank but in sheet2'!E32 a formula is entered saying Sheet1!D26.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Post the UDF code and describe how you are using it in connection with CF.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:29:20 -0700, Bertus Swanepoel wrote:

Hi, I have done this the UDF way, but now excel behaves strangely. I have applied the conditional formatting to cells in Sheet2. If I want to pick up a value from sheet 2 in sheet1 (formula in sheet 1 A1: ='Sheet2'!B6), nothing happend in sheet 1. Instead excel inputs a formula in a random cell in sheet 2 which refers to itself creating a circular reference. When I clear the conditional formatting from sheet 2 all is fine. Has anyone experienced this?